Step-Out will always be as flexible as possible to make our courses and programmes accessible to you. This may sometimes be achieved by careful planning and our allocation of sites and choice of activities. PLEASE contact us (prior to your arrival) and we will do everything possible to make it possible for you to join us.
- Step-Out Outdoor Learning, Training & Therapy CIC deliver nearly all courses and programmes in a woodland environment. This means that there are often slippery surfaces, uneven steps or steep slopes leading into our sites.
- The sites themselves are the woodland floor where there are roots, tree stumps, streams and boggy patches to navigate.
- Seating on our sites is usually on pegged logs around the fire circle and may be quite low to the ground. You are welcome to bring a camping chair with you if you feel this would be more comfortable.
- Our indoor workshop and office are in a large container and the doorway is situated approximately 60cm from the ground level. At present, a caravan step is in place to assist entry.
- There is a flushable WC on the Step-Out site and disabled WC facilities on the main Evegate Business Centre Complex.
- There is car parking at Evegate Business Centre which is approximately a 5-minute walk from the Step-Out sites. Access is down a hardcore surfaced track and then close to the sites, this becomes a dirt track which can become muddy and slippery in extended wet weather periods.
- Step-Out have a small car park close to our sites at Evegate which you may use with prior consent. This will shorten the walking distance but access to the sites may still be slippery and steep.
- Mobile phone signal is good on all the Step-Out sites unless you are advised differently on booking.
- Assistance dogs are welcome on all our outdoor sites and in all our indoor facilities. However, we are unable to allow other dogs on any of our programmes.
Arrival, car parking and access to the disabled WC facilities:
- The main Step-Out sites are in replanted semi-ancient woodland behind the Evegate Business Centre.
- Unless, otherwise agreed with Step-Out please park at the far end of the car park where you will see a Step-Out Post on the left-hand side of the field.
- If you need to use the disabled WC facilities, you will find them behind you in the main Evegate Business Centre. There are signs in various places in the main square.
Special Dietary requirements/food allergies:
- Sometimes we offer food and/or drink as part of our course. We routinely have alternatives (such as lactose free milk and gluten free biscuits) for the most common special dietary requirements but please let us know in advance of any allergies or not-so-common food preferences/intolerances that you have. (For example: if you and your child are vegan or halal, you may wish to bring your own marshmallows for marshmallow toasting or your own choice of a milk alternative).
Contact details for more information:
T Sarah on 07962 446886